The Path and The Field


This painting is called "the path" the dark bit is the trail leading down to a tree which has partially fallen over. I used some of the unfinished looser approach like "the trees" painting and I am pretty happy with the result. It got a bit too cold to finish all the detail I would have like in the foreground but I think I am going to leave it alone. I think this is a good view because it has the old dark foreground light middle ground approach that works so well in landscapes.

This is a nice field with distant views and bails of hay that had some great shadows on them. I wanted to keep it loose and I like the final result even though its unfinished. I think I am going to try to paint over it to do a final digital landscape that fits more with my Illustration style.

No comments:

Post a Comment